museum-digitalbrandenburg

Close

Search museums

Close

Search collections

Museum für Stadtgeschichte Templin Templiner Stadtgeschichten [01571]

Ansichtskarte "Templin Joachimsthalscher Gymnasium"

Ansichtskarte Joachimsthalsches Gymnasium in Templim (Museum für Stadtgeschichte Templin CC BY-NC-SA)
Provenance/Rights: Museum für Stadtgeschichte Templin (CC BY-NC-SA)

Description

Die Postkarte zeigt den Eingang des Joachimsthalschen Gymnasiums in Templin. Vor dem Gebäude steht das Denkmal von Joachim Friedrich, Kurfürst von Brandenburg (1546-1608). Der Kurfürst war 1607 Begründer der Fürstenschule für begabte Knaben in Joachimsthal. Nach der Zerstörung im Dreißigjährigen Krieg nahm die Schule ihren Betrieb 1656 in Berlin wieder auf. 1912 zog das Joachimsthalsche Gymnasium nach Templin um. Das Denkmal des Kurfürsten wurde nach 1945 zerstört. Die Karte wurde weder beschrieben noch verschickt.

Material / Technique

Pappe

Measurements ...

B: 13,8 cm; H: 9,0 cm

Part of ...

Tags

[Last update: 2017/08/23]

Usage and citation

Cite this page
The textual information presented here is free for non-commercial usage if the source is named. (Creative Commons Lizenz 3.0, by-nc-sa) Please name as source not only the internet representation but also the name of the museum.
Rights for the images are shown below the large images (which are accessible by clicking on the smaller images). If nothing different is mentioned there the same regulation as for textual information applies.
Any commercial usage of text or image demands communication with the museum.